A few notes of interest to the parish from St Luke’s (short) December Vestry meeting…
- The office is closed this week. It reopens on Monday, January 3.
- The Finance Committee proposed a 2022 budget which the Vestry discussed and will act on in January. The good news is that we are OK, as this year ends, and into the new year, thanks to the generosity of our members, bridge club rentals, and lower than expected expenses, partially due to covid. Whew!
- Our pledge drive resulted in 2022 projected income of$205,198 from 63 pledges. The pledge drive never really ends, so pledges and year end gifts are still welcome
- Faith Formation and Faith in Action report a few potential events on the Horizon: co-sponsorship of a retreat with Assisi Heights and Calvary, and potential non-partisan caucus training on issues with Isaiah.
- Warm Winter Fellowship Zoom event will be Sunday afternoon, Jan 16. More information went out by mail last week and is reprinted below.
- News to report on facilities usage/rental front:
- The Bridge Club is preparing to sign a 1 year lease for use of our Fellowship Hall: all day Monday, Wednesday afternoon, and Thursday afternoon;
- We advertised our Sunday School space in a monthly newsletter sent to all local non-profits. Elder Network has asked for a tour right before New Years;
- We contacted ECMN’s Standing Committee and Trustees about steps needed before we sell any land or rent/lease for longer than 1 year. This is called: “alienation and encumbrance”. They will get back to us soon with steps to take to involve them when we are ready;
- We are gathering information on steps we would need to take should we decide to sell any of our land for affordable housing development;
- We hope to have a bigger discussion on the way our parish wants to go at our Annual Meeting. How can St Luke’s do well or well enough, while doing good for our community…
- We are preparing for the Annual meeting Feb. 13. If you are asked to serve, or write a short review of your work for the Annual Report, please say, “yes”.
As always, your Vestry and Wardens welcome your input, your ideas, and your participation. Don’t be shy! We know you have much to offer.
Merry Christmas from your wardens,